The Mega millions jackpot grabs the second highest popularity in the lottery Industry. Though the $750 millions jackpot was not claimed but second tier winners were announced. After the Powerball jackpot, this lotto play rolls out the highest jackpot prizes and has also captivated maximum players due to this. It is easy to play and the system is highly transparent. The Mega millions lottery results are drawn twice a week. The drawing takes place every Tuesday & Friday night at 10:59p.m.CT. The Mega millions jackpot on Friday 15th Jan,2021 was worth $750 millions. It happens to be the fifth largest in the US lottery history.
The cash value of the jackpot is assumed to be the second largest after 2002 Mega millions jackpot prize.
Megamillions Winning Numbers for 15th Jan,2021- 03,11,12,38,43 and Mega ball – 15 and Megaplier- 4x
Megamillions Prize Winning Numbers
- The previous Mega millions jackpot was given on the 15th Sept,2020 for $120 millions. The winning ticket was sold in Wisconsin. After that there have been 34 drawings without a winner being claimed.
- During the $625 millions jackpot, a ticket in Hoboken was one of the 9 second tier winning tickets. All those 9 tickets gave $1 millions prize as it matched 5 main numbers of the winning ticket.
- 2 jackpots were claimed in 2020. One of them was an anonymous player who won a $202 millions jackpot on 11th Feb. The winning ticket was sold in Edison.
- The other winner 2020 won the Mega millions jackpot worth $124 millions on 24th July. The winning ticket was purchased in Bayonne.
How to play the Megamillions Lottery?
- The players are supposed to pick 5 numbers from the pool of 1 to 70 and mega ball numbers from 1 to 25.
- Players can choose the numbers manually and the QuickPick option is also available for random number selection.
- The mega millions lottery ticket costs $2 and additional dollars if the player selects Megaplier.
- Also, to enter into consecutive draws for the play, the Multidraw option is available.
- Mega millions lottery is played in 45 states and the Virgin Islands, Washington D.C. with the same rules and policies. The New Jersey lottery office is open to public by appointment and the player can claim the winnings at any retailer if they are less than $559.50