Lottery players who have invested for the next Powerball & the Mega millions jackpots should be pumped up for the results. The Powerball jackpot rolls up to $730 millions on 20th Jan, 2021. On the other hand the Mega millions jackpot prize rolls up to $850 millions on 19th Jan 2021. It’s the first time in the history that both the lotteries have crossed the $700 millions together at the same time.
The Mega millions jackpot value marks to be the third largest jackpot in US history.
The last winner of the Powerball Jackpot was noted on 16th Sept, 2020. There has been no winner since Sept 15, 2020 hence the jackpot is rolled up to such a huge amount.
The winning numbers were 67, 20, 65, 14, 39, and the Powerball was 02.
Lottery tickets offline and online must be getting purchased every second considering the huge pay out. Also, since the jackpot is huge, the second tier prizes will be equally grand.
Mega millions & Powerball jackpots Climbing High
- The Powerball jackpot prize is $730 millions with cash value option as $546 millions.
- The Mega millions jackpot prize is $850 millions with cash value $628.2 millions.
- The Mega millions jackpot results are drawn on every Tuesday & Friday at 11pm Eastern time. The Powerball jackpot also takes twice a week on Wednesday & Saturday at 11pm ET.
- The lottery tickets online are available for both the lotteries on the official websites and other lotto game websites.
- The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot is 1 in 292.2 millions and for Mega millions it is 1 in 302.5 millions and for. Since the odds of winning are so slim, they are unable to gain jackpot winners.
How to play the Powerball & the Mega Millions Jackpot?
- For the Powerball Jackpot, the players have to pick 5 main numbers from the pool of 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26.These numbers have to match the winning ticket to win the jackpot.
- The numbers can be manually picked or through QuickPick option for random number generation. Lottery tickets cost $2 per play
- In the Mega millions Jackpot, the players have to pick 5 main numbers from the pool of 1 to 70 and one mega ball number from 1 to 25.
- They can be picked manually or the QuickPick option is also available to generate the random numbers. The lottery ticket costs $2 per play.